In case you missed our Friday interview on Relevant Radio, you can listen to it HERE
On this day that we celebrate this amazing gift of Planet Earth we have been given, take a moment to pray through the following ecological examen.
Ecological Examen by: Joseph Carver, SJ
- All creation reflects the beauty and blessing of God’s image. Where
was I most aware of this today?
- Can I identify and pin-point how I made a conscious effort to care
for God’s creation during this day?
- What challenges or joys do I experience as I recall my care for
- How can I repair breaks in my relationship with creation, in my
unspoken sense of superiority?
- As I imagine tomorrow, I ask for the grace to see the Incarnate
Christ in the dynamic interconnections of all Creation.
Let’s finish by praying a portion of a prayer that Pope Francis included in Laudato Si’
God of love, show us our place in this world
as channels of your love
for all the creatures of this earth,
for not one of them is forgotten in your sight.
Enlighten those who possess power and money
that they may avoid the sin of indifference,
that they may love the common good, advance the weak,
and care for this world in which we live.
The poor and the earth are crying out.
O Lord, seize us with your power and light,
help us to protect all life,
to prepare for a better future,
for the coming of your Kingdom
of justice, peace, love and beauty.
Praise be to you!
You can find more prayers, videos, and resources HERE
“The entire material universe speaks of God’s love, his boundless affection for us. Soil, water, mountains – everything is, as it were, a caress of God.” -Pope Francis, Laudato Si’